Ever have one of those days where you’ve got a full day of work, a happy hour planned with friends, and then dinner out? There’s simply no time to go home and change, but you also don’t want to be in your work outfit all evening. Here are some quick ways to take your outfit from business casual to out-on-the-town without having to do a full change of clothes.
1. Add some shine! Adding a gold mirror belt to your outfit instantly gives your entire outfit a boost.
2. Take your hair down. Hair that is pulled back for work looks clean & polished. Before you step out for happy hour, pull it down and give it a little brush. It’s (literally) time to let your hair down!
3. Add some color. Accessories for work are great, but you don’t want to wear anything too big or flashy or distracting. Swap out your professional accessories for some bold bracelets or a bright scarf.
4. Switch your shoes. Comfort is key at work, but when you are out, show off your favorite footwear! Swap your work shoes for some fun wedges, sexy heels, or bright colored flats.
5. Show a little skin. Obviously work is not the place to show a lot of skin. When you head out for the evening, take off your blazer or sweater and show off some shoulder. You can also switch from pants to a skirt and show a bit of leg.
What are your favorite ways to change up your work outfit for a night out?