Spring and summer are great seasons. You get to show a little skin, bust out your bathing suit, and dressing like a ray of sunshine is totally acceptable. But it can also be pretty unpleasant at times. Dressing nice can be a challenge when the temperature climbs and business meetings require a blazer and dress pants. Makeup is a battle to keep in place, and wearing sleeves feels like an invitation for armpit sweat. It’s finally fall, and we’re sharing our seven favorite things about fall now that the temperature has cooled down.
1. LAYERS. It’s the best thing about fall. Getting out those cardigans, blazers, and patterned tights is a great feeling every single year. An extra layer means more colors, more textures, and more creativity you can add to your look.
2. Pumpkin Spice ANYTHING. It gets a lot of flack, but there’s a reason people love it; because it’s delicious!! Bring on the candles, the lattes, and the seasonal cheesecakes. We’re ready!
3. Scarves. Sure, there are lighter summer scarves. But let’s be honest; no matter how light the scarf, it can still get a little sweaty under there, right? Fall and winter means scarves serve two purposes: a great accessory for your outfit, and a little extra warmth for those chilly days.
4. Fires. Spring and summer time is like hibernation for your fireplace. You may decorate with some candles to keep it looking pretty, but nothing compares to getting to have that first fire of the year. Perfect for getting cozy with a book or a special someone, and it saves on heating bills. It’s a win-win!
5. Boots. Knee-high boots, booties, stiletto boots, flat boots, mid-calf boots, cowboy boots, ankle boots, combat boots…….. whatever boot is your style, it’s time to get them out again. Boots with leggings, booth with jeans, boots with dresses or skirts – they all look great!
6. Leggings. Yes, you probably wore them sometimes in the summer. But fall is when they really get their moment to shine. Is there anything better than a great pair of leggings, your favorite boots, a flowy top, and a bright cardigan? It’s the ultimate fall outfit!
7. The holidays! Are you already decorated for Halloween? Fall means three of the best holidays – Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It’s a time to be festive, and celebrate with family and friends. Plus, there is guaranteed to be at least one fresh-baked apple pie. Also, the best shopping day of the year – Black Friday! Whether you like to brave the stores, or just shop online, you know you’ll score some killer dealers on Christmas gifts for loved ones (or yourself- we don’t judge).
What’s your favorite part of fall?