Want some foolproof tips for looking your best? We’ve put together a list of simple things you can do to always put your best fashion foot forward!
1. Wear it with confidence! Head up, shoulders back. Good posture makes any outfit look a little more polished.
2. Pick pieces that suit/flatter/fit your body. Try on clothes for fit, not for size. It doesn’t matter what the number on the tag says; wear what fits your body the best.
3. Wear what makes you happy, what feels like YOU.
4. Invest in good undergarments. Nothing ruins an outfit quicker than panty lines or unintended bra straps.
5. Find what fits your lifestyle. Some women wear business suits to work; others wear yoga pants and a tank top. Invest in items that work with your life.
6. Update your look regularly. You are changing and growing all the time; make sure your wardrobe reflects that! You can make regular updates in small ways, like adding new pieces of FLING (versatile accessories like scarves & necklaces) to your wardrobe each season.
7. Treat your wardrobe well. Care for your items to keep them looking their best. Read care labels, and store your items properly. Set aside some of your wardrobe budget for trips to the tailor and the shoe hospital to keep items looking their best.
8. Give it some thought. You don’t have to be dressed to the 9s everyday to look pulled together. There is nothing wrong with being comfortable and casual when you are just out running errands. Just make sure your clothes are neat & clean, and you feel great in them!
9. Dress for the occasion. They say you can never be overdressed, but if you are going to the beach there’s no need to pack heels & wear a full face of makeup! Be conscience of the occasion, the setting, and the culture (when traveling to a new city, state, or country!)
10. Don’t forget your best accessory – a great smile! As Little Orphan Annie said, you’re never fully dressed without a smile!
What’s your favorite tip for looking your best?